You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: May 19, 2021 06:00 PM
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Please register early, preregistrations is REQUIRED and registrations will close at 5pm – one hour prior to the meeting starting.
- Please log into the meeting between 5:30 and 5:45. The meeting will begin promptly at 6:00, late entries will not be permitted into the meeting, as per AGM practice.
- If you are entitled to more than one vote (if you have more than one player registered), you will need to enter from different devices and register separately for each player)
- There are several positions available. Please send your nominations in prior to the meeting by emailing Avmhasecretary@gmail.com. (The positions and general descriptions are below.) We are taking nominations from the floor; however, we hope that this will allow the meeting to flow quickly.
There are 2 resolutions we will be asking you to vote on. They are:
|Resolution 2021-01||NOTICE OF MOTION|
|By-Law||4.1, 4.1 b)||Submitted by||AVMHA Executive Committee|
- At the Annual General Meeting and at all General Meetings of the Association every member is entitled to one vote. Proxy votes shall not be permitted.
- b) At all meetings of the Association, voting shall be by a show of hands, unless the meeting decides on a ballot.
- At the Annual General Meeting and at all General Meetings of the Association be it in person or by use of a virtual platform every member is entitled to one vote. Proxy votes shall not be permitted.
- b) At all meetings of the Association, voting shall be by a show of hands, unless the meeting decides on a ballot. During use of a virtual platform, a virtual voting system will be used.
To allow for virtual Annual General and General Meetings of the association.
|Resolution 2021-02||NOTICE OF MOTION|
|By-Law||6.1 c, 6.1 d||Submitted by||AVMHA Executive Committee|
- C) Divisional Managers as appointed by the officers following the Annual General Meeting: From the Recreational teams: one person from each division, female teams being inclusive. Mites Division Manager – Novice Division Manager – Atom Division Manager – Peewee Division Manager – Bantam Division Manager – Midget Division Manager.
- d) From the Competitive teams: one person from each division, female teams being inclusive. Atom Development Team Manager – Peewee Team Manager – Bantam Team Manager – Midget Team Manager. – plus
- C) Divisional Managers as appointed by the officers following the Annual General Meeting: From the Recreational teams: one person from each division, female teams being inclusive. U9 (including U7) – U11 Division Manager – U13 Division Manager – U15 Division Manager – U18 Division Manager.
- D) From the Competitive teams: one person from each division, female teams being inclusive. U11 Development Team Manager –U13 Team Manager –U15 Team Manager – U18 Team Manager. – plus
To use language issued by Hockey Canada and BC Hockey
Positions for Election
Director at Large a
Director at Large c
*Director at Large c (a one year term)
Director at Large c was not announced in the newspaper as it was a late vacancy.
Roles and Responsibilities
Role of the President
The President shall preside at all meetings of the Executive and Management Committees, General and Annual General Meetings. He/she shall perform the duties usual to the office of the President. It shall be the duty of the President immediately after the close of the Annual General Meeting to:
- Set the date of the first Executive Committee meeting
- Appoint a Finance Committee
- Appoint a Discipline Committee
- Appoint the Competitive Coach Selection Committee following the appointment of the Coaching Coordinator as set out in By-Law 6, Sec. 2
The President shall have the power to suspend any team, player, team official, or referee for inappropriate conduct, on or off the ice, abusive language to any officials, or for failure to comply with the Alberni Valley Minor Hockey Constitution, By-Laws and regulations, pending review by the Discipline Committee. The President shall attend meetings of the VIAHA and BC Hockey as required, representing the interests of AVMHA. The President shall carry out other duties as may be specified from time to time in the Association’s Policies and Procedures Manual.
Role of the Treasurer
The Treasurer shall be responsible for maintaining a proper set of books to record the financial transactions of the Association. Treasurer is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining records of the financial transactions of the Association
- Provide direction to the administrative support/bookkeeper as required
- Provide a financial report at each Executive Committee Meeting
- Provide a financial statement at the Annual General Meeting
- Act as the Chair of the Finance Committee.
- Support in other duties as required.
The Treasurer shall carry out other duties as may be specified from time to time in the Association’s Policies and Procedures Manual.
Role of the Registrar
The duties of the Registrar shall be:
- To register all members and players of the Association, including players and team officials
- Manage all incoming and outgoing player transfers, including new players and players moving in and out of the association
- Provide updated rosters to managers
- Work with all managers to ensure all rosters are eligible
- Work with coach coordinator to ensure that all coach credentials are up to date
- Attend Registrar meetings with VIAHA
- Ensure all registration fees are collected
- Support families to register for 3rd party funding
- Work with First Shift Coordinator to manage transition of players into AVMHA
Role of Directors
Director(s) at Large The duties of the directors at Large shall be specified from time to time in the Association’s Policies and Procedures Manual. Directors are expected to support various committees where required and may act as Coordinators if the position remains vacant.
More information can be found in the AVMHA constitution and Policies and Procedures guide at www.avmha.com.