To: AVMHA Coaches
From: Rick Schievink
Re: Coach Update
It’s August, time to turn the water into ice! If you are receiving this mail it is because I have you on a list in one of these categories;
- Development 1 Certification,
- Coaches new to AVMHA, (certifications required to be on the ice.)
- Intro to Hockey (potential volunteer coach)
- First Shift (potential volunteer coach),
I have grouped you all together to streamline this first communication and promise not to Spam you with information you don’t need in the future. I would appreciate confirmation that you have received this mail so that I know I have your address correct. Also, if you would like your name removed let me know and/or if you see that I have missed someone you know should be included, please pass along the address.
- Development 1 Certification
- If you have competed your post task, I am your contact for the on-ice evaluation. At this point you should not be waiting on anything from BC Hockey, and it is in your court to book me to come out to a practice to complete the evaluation.
- New to AVMHA?
- All coaches require the following certifications/qualifications to be on the ice. CRC, CATT and the Volunteer Version Respect in Sport.
- Create eHockey profile:
- Click https://account.spordle.com/ then click person icon at the top right and choose “My Account”.
- On the left side, choose “members”, then click on the “+” and create a profile for yourself. (DO NOT create a new profile if you already have a Hockey Canada Registration number, instead, click on the “Dashboard” option on the left and choose “Import Player”)
- Register for the necessary courses
- Click https://account.spordle.com/login?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fregister.hockeycanada.ca%2Fhome
- Choose “register for a clinic” (Coaches must complete “Concussion Awareness Training” (CATT), and BC Hockey Respect in Sport for Volunteer Leaders,
- Complete a Criminal Records Check https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/home.htm and insert the access code UD7AVN99AQ
- New Program – Intro to Hockey (ages 6-10)
This is a ‘new to us’ program to promote new registration. We could not get First Shift earlier. On-ice Schedule;
- Thursday September 2nd – 5:00-6:00pm
- Tuesday September 7th – 5:00-6:00pm
- Thursday September 9th – 5:00-6:00pm
- Sunday September 12th – 5:00-6:00pm
- First Shift Program. (Ages 6-10 volunteer coaches needed)
We have been approved for 30 kids (group size) for the Winter Session. Ages 6 to 10 years old. The Welcome Event is January 16th, 2022 in the upper lounge at the Multi-Plex. Bauer/NHL First Shift crew will be there to fit the kids, but we will need volunteers to staff the stations. Vancouver Canucks are a big focus this year with the branding and possibly some Canucks Alumni will be attending.
- First Shift Registration:
You can help!! Promote the program to family and friends. The First Shift Website will be open for registrations as of June 15th, 2021, at 9am PST.
On Ice dates: January 28th onwards (TO BE CONFIRMED)
- January 16th Welcome Event
- January 28th 5:15-6:15pm Coulson (10 coaches needed for each session)
- February 4th 5:15-6:15pm Coulson
- February 11th 5:15-6:15pm Coulson
- February 18th 5:15-6:15pm Coulson
- February 25th 5:15-6:15pm Coulson
- March 4th 5:15-6:15pm Coulson
Please feel free to ask questions. I will be happy to get you the information you need or point you in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your time!
Yours in Sport,